Who does what?

Who Does What Intro panel

Who looks after the Horley area?

How to report problems such as noise nuisance, anti-social behaviour, street lighting, our roads, waste disposal, etc.

The main responsibilities for looking after Horley in Surrey and the surrounding area varies between Horley Town Council, Reigate & Banstead Borough Council and Surrey County Council.

List of who does what in Horley

Horley Town CouncilHorley Town Council

Our local town councillors work hard for Horley. They give their time and energy to make Horley a better place to live and work, and they don't get paid. Each Town Councillor has their own area. You can find your area on the Horley Town Council website. Contact your councillor they are always glad to help.

Horley Town Management Group

The future of Horley Town in SurreyThe Horley Town Management Group (HTMG) meets once a month to discuss and develop initiatives and actions to promote the town of Horley as a safe, progressive and positive community through partnerships with local business, government and community groups. The purpose of the group is to set the broad vision for the Town, taking into account the needs of all the Town's customers, residents, visitors, traders and businesses. This includes improving the appearance, amenities and accessibility of Horley and to seek funding for the initiatives.

A Business Plan and Action Plan are key priorities of the HTMG, and the meetings serve as a forum for the partners to enable them to look outwards and promote and market their Horley Town.

The HTMG partners include representatives from Reigate & Banstead Council, Horley Town Council, Surrey County Council, the Chamber of Commerce, residents’ associations, national retailers, Horley Guest Houses Association, groups representing disabled people (Access Group), large commercial employers, small commercial employers, estate agent or property interest, small retailers, East Horley retailers, Surrey Police, Youth Council, plus co-opted members, officers
and a secretary.

Over the last two years consultations with local people, local shops and businesses have taken place. From these consultations a document (Horley Town Centre Vision) has been produced that outlines a range of proposed initiatives and improvements for Horley. This document has been well received and work is now underway on these projects to turn these ideas into action.

Please contact the Chairman, Andy Lynch (Tel 07970 985577) if you wish to discuss any aspects of the Group. Alan Jones, Town Clerk is the Secretary. Contact details: 01293 784765.

Reigate & Banstead Borough Council

Reigate & Banstead Borough Council are responsible for a huge number of services, from parking, recycling, planning to rates, environment, council tax and much more. Search the Reigate & Banstead website. As an example, here is a link to their page about Horley car parks. Reigate & Banstead Borough Council also have a 'Report it' page, where you can report problems.

Webcasts of Council Meetings. Reigate & Banstead now use webcasting to broadcast council meetings through the internet. full Council, Executive and Planning meetings are now filmed and broadcast live via their website, enabling you to watch debate as it happens, hear discussion from your local councillors and see decisions being made. Recordings are then stored on their website so that they can also be watched at a later date. Here is the link to their webcasting page.

Video guide on using the Reigate & Banstead consulatation mapConsultation on the Reigate & Banstead Local Plan. You can comment as Reigate & Banstead develop their local plan. Here is a video guide to how to use their interactive map and consultation process.

Click here to see a list of the Reigate & Banstead Borough Councillors for Horley.

Claire Coutinho, the MP for East Surrey, including Horley.Our local MP Claire Coutinho

Claire Coutinho is the MP for East Surrey. She is a key person to contact. Check out Claire's website to see her surgeries in Horley.

Surrey County Council

Surrey County Council also have a 'Report it' page. This link goes to their Report a pothole page. If you have had flooding problems, they have a lots of information about getting help. They even have a 'Flooding and Wetspots' page.

Tandridge District Council

Tandridge District Council covers the area to the west of Horley. It includes Smallfield and parts of Copthorne and Salfords. Website.

The Police

Surrey Police, Reigate & Banstead area website.

Helicopter over your house? You can follow the National Police Air Service on Twitter. Fascinating! Visit the NPAS Twitter page.

Advice on calling the police:
The government website gives this advice on calling the police.

Surrey Police publish crime maps online. These maps can be a great help in encouraging communications between Surrey Police and our local community. The police value local information and intelligence.

Click here to see one of the local police crime maps.

Police crime maps around Horley

Reporting an emergency
Call 999 if you are reporting a crime that is in progress or if someone is in immediate danger.

Reporting a non-emergency
Call 101 to report crimes that are not an emergency.

Chief Constable for Surrey Police. Nick Ephgrave is the new Chief Constable for Surrey Police. The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Surrey has a number of initiatives that can be seen on their website. They encourage you to get in touch with any concerns you have. Visit The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Surrey website.

Recycling and Waste

Visit our environment page.


Published by local people for the people and businesses of Horley, Surrey and the local Gatwick area.